Review of Softsword submitted on 6th January 1998
This album absolutely needs a re-recording. There are some nice compositions on it. But also some important things are missing:
So why not? The Music has the potential to be a second "Arthur"!
- The production is very, very, very weak! (Sorry, Stuart). Also I think there is a need for a little bit more overdubs to reach a fuller, richer, more powerful sound (for example first track and the brass orientated tracks).
- Nothing against Chrissie Hammond, but the album would more interesting with a second, male voice as an alternative.
- Some parts scream for a choir!
- Some new tracks should replace the most uninteresting parts.
- Please, better drums and percussion.